Grapes, both red and green grape are pretty much available all year around in our supermarkets. They make a nice addition to any platter or just a healthful snack. Because of their sweetness they are probably the most eaten fruits along with apples and bananas. Scientists have long discovered many health benefits for grapes since they especially high in antioxidants. Many doctors believe that regular consumption of grapes helps in preventing various diseases. Grapes are also believed to have anti-ageing properties and helps in reducing weight too. In fact red wine seems to offer many health benefits.
Benefits of Grapes
1. Grapes have many health benefits, but should be eaten in moderation since they have a high sugar content!
2. Both red and black grapes contain powerful antioxidants and resveratrol. They help prevent both the narrowing and hardening of the arteries!
3. Grapes are good source of vitamins A and C, and you'll also find vitamin B6 and folate in these fruits!
4. Minerals like potassium, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, iron, and selenium, as well as trace amounts of copper, manganese, and zinc are also present in grapes. You also get some fiber and protein from grapes!
5. Grapes are considered a good blood and body builder.
6. They are quick source of energy (because of high sugar content).
7. They are easily assimilated and called the "nectar of the gods." It is indicated in cases of constipation, gout, rheumatism, skin and liver disorders.
8. Grapes are highly alkaline and can be used to decrease the acidity of the uric acid which can be beneficial to the kidneys.
9. Some studies have shown that grape juice, red wine and raisin tea can help as antivirals against the poliovirus and herpes simples virus.
10. Grapes can also be beneficial in reducing platelet clumping and harmful blood clots therefore benefiting the heart.
11. They contain high levels of caffeic acid and the hight content of bioflavinoids, very strong cancer fighting substances.
12. Last but not least, they benefit the anti-aging process and possibly the risk of macular degeneration.
Serving Size 1 cup (92 gm) Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 2.90
Total Fat 0.32g
Saturated Fat 0.10g
Carbohydrates 15.78 g
Dietary Fiber 0.92 g
Sugars 14.72 g
Water 74.80 g
Vitamin A 92.00 IU
Vitamin C 3.68 mg
Calcium 12.88 mg
Phosphorus : 2 mg.
Potassium 175.72 mg
Protein 1 g
Selenium 0.1 mg
Sodium 2 mg.
Since both red and green grapes are used in the MonaVie juice, you can have the full benefits of these and 17 other fruits. Please visit my personal website MonaVie for more information.
“What about endogeneity?”
1 hour ago