You may wonder why I am talking about planting in the middle of winter. I am not talking about a physical garden at this time. During this Christmas season I find it very appropriate to re-evaluate one’s faith. I recently came across this composition which I believe was originally written for children’s education. In our secular society today it’s not politically correct to talk about one’s faith. Unfortunately, we have thrown out the baby with the bathwater and thrown out virtues, too.
- If you plant honesty, you will reap trust.
- If you plant goodness, you will reap friends.
- If you plant humility, you will reap greatness.
- If you plant perseverance, you will reap victory.
- If you plant consideration, you will reap harmony.
- If you plant hard work, you will reap success.
- If you plant forgiveness, you will reap reconciliation.
- If you plant openness, you will reap intimacy.
- If you plant patience, you will reap improvements.
- If you plant faith, you will reap miracles.
- If you plant dishonesty, you will reap distrust.
- If you plant selfishness, you will reap loneliness.
- If you plant pride, you will reap destruction.
- If you plant envy, you will reap trouble.
- If you plant laziness, you will reap stagnation.
- If you plant bitterness, you will reap isolation.
- If you plant greed, you will reap loss.
- If you plant gossip, you will reap enemies.
- If you plant worries, you will reap wrinkles.
- If you plant sin, you will reap guilt.
The above words certainly fall into the same category. Using positive words and statements are very powerful. With a clear vision of what we want for ourselves and for others, we can create a successful life. Our subconscious mind is very impressionable and doesn’t differentiate between positive or negative declarations.
Anytime, we talk about values, it is good to remind ourselves of the consequences of our actions. As we celebrate this Season of Love and the birth of our Savior Jesus let us go beyond doctrines and differences and look at faith in a new way. As we discussed two weeks ago this is the time to open our spiritual senses and let us directly be guided by the spirit of God. Expect the unexpected and be prepared for