Yesterday in church, the speaker reminded us of our Christian virtues. She quoted Paul from Corinthians:
“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered; it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, and always perseveres.
Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.”
~ 1 Cor. 13:4-8
When I looked up virtues I was amazed that all the various religions have a similar concept regarding the “Fruits of the Spirit” and treasure virtues like honesty, goodness and self-control.
“ But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.”
~ Galatians 5:22-23
I just wonder where have all these virtues gone in the last few weeks before the election. I am reading about voter’s fraud, manipulating polls, limiting or suppressing our military their voting rights, vandalizing yard signs, revenging those who have a different opinion, paying off media (CNN Journalist Blows Whistle: Obama Administration “Pays for CNN Content.”) and not to mention all the lies and endless repetitions of slogans which we know have not been fulfilled.
We are going to vote tomorrow for the next president. I read that in the kindness competition Romney wins over Obama by a Landslide.
I am very moved by the Christian and other religious communities, how they have come together and just like they lined up to support Chic-fil-A with their “stand for marriage of one man and one women” a couple of months ago, when they vote tomorrow for our new 45th president. I like to mention here a few opinion writers who share my conviction regarding the landslide victory of Mitt Romney.
* George Will (American newspaper columnist and author) - Obama’s campaign goes empty and strident:
George Will projects a 321-217 Romney landslide.
* Peggy Noonan (Professional Political Expert) - How Far Obama Has Fallen From historic figure tobeleaguered incumbent in less than four years.
* Michael Barone (Senior Political Analyst, The Washington Examiner): Going out on a limb: Romney beats Obama, handily.
“You have enemies? Good. That means you have stood up for something, sometime in your life.”
~ Winston Churchill – British Prime Minister during WWII
* Wayne Allyn Root (former Libertarian vice presidential nominee) As long as your vote is consistent with your conscience, it is impossible to waste your vote.
* 500 former Military Leaders support Romney for President
* E.J. Rapada (New Jersey Youth Leader) – I want an American President to be a leader not merely a politician.
* Rush Limbaugh (American Talk Show Host) – The RedskinsRule - The Redskins lost to the Carolina Panthers on Sunday, that means Romney is going to win the election.
"A cry of defiance and not of fear...For bourne on the night winds of the Past, through all our history to the last, in the hour of darkness and peril and need, the people will waken and listen and heed, the hurrying hoof beats of that steed, and the midnight message of Paul Revere."
From the Paul Revere’s Ride By Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
* Breibart - I want to finish these projections with a tribute to Andrew Breibart who passed away in March of this year. He is considered by many a fearless conservative and the most innovative pioneer in conservative activist social media in America. His legacy is continued in his website: http://www.breitbart.com/ In one posting they suggested that we don’t need another savior only a good leader.
Disregarding all these projection we still have to wait for the final outcome. I put it all into God’s hands and I pray that all the volunteers and all the evangelicals in this country have built a strong enough foundation that God can bless us again. I pray that we can rebuild this country from the bottom up: strong families with strong traditional moral values.
As I started this blog by quoting Corinthian I want conclude it with the words of the Rev. Sun Myung Moon. He taught us that to solve the core problems of human life we have to solve the problem of love. To build a culture of heart all people have resolve to participate in a more selfless and pro-active way. Rev. Moon projected that a new Era of Peace will start by the beginning of the year 2013.
“We are faced with an urgent task to overcome numerous obstacles to world peace. I have a plan to address these fundamental problems. I gave myself – my life – I aim for that purpose… .”
~ Sun Myung Moon