Monday, March 11, 2013

Sincere Prayer by FDR, 32nd President

This prayer was recorded during a Seminar from the Spirit World.  It is one of many communications between Dr. Sang Hun Lee, Receiver, a faithful disciple of the Rev. Sun Myung Moon and Young-Soon Kim, Reporter

 
The common thread through all the interaction with the lecturer and many public leaders was that: God is the Parent of all Humankind

 
FranklinDelano Roosevelt (January 30, 1882 – April 12, 1945) was the thirty-second President of the United States. He served four terms as president (1933-1945). He led the United States during a time of worldwide economic depression and total war.  He showed an unfailing optimism based on his own victory over polio and inspired his countrymen to a renewal of the national spirit.  During WWII he worked closely with Winston Churchill and Joseph Stalin in leading the Allies against Germany and Japan in order to restore the national economy.

His wife was Eleanor Roosevelt.  FDR is often considered one of the top three presidents along with Abraham Lincoln and George Washington.

 

Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Prayer

 

Heavenly Father!

I think I am too bold to call You Father. Dear Father, You are so miserable! You are a God of great grief and bitter pain. What can I say to bring YOU words of comfort, Father? I am Roosevelt. At one time, as the president of the United States, I invested all my energy for the welfare and prosperity of the American people, but I didn't guide them in any way to help them prepare for life in the eternal spiritual world. It is this point that has caused my heart to feel untold suffering. Heavenly Father, please forgive me.

And dear God, please lead the American people today to the right path. Most of them are caught up with excessive self-praise and egoism just because they are citizens of the strongest power on earth. They are unable to display tolerance and humility toward the third world countries, they take their own future lightly, their own view of God is deviating from the true path.

 

Heavenly Father, please shake and wake up America. I pray earnestly for our American people. Heavenly Father, I beg for forgiveness that I was unable to teach them that YOU are the parent of all humankind. Heavenly Father, I will invest all my energy and prayers here in the spirit world until the day when all the American people become God's true children.

 

The new truth of the Divine Principle is moving my heart deeply, and is making me repent about everything in my past life. It is the first time in my life that I have had such deep feelings. I realized so many things through the Divine Principle, and the only thing that I can do at this time is lament loudly with tears of repentance.

Heavenly Father, please protect and preserve the throne of the True Parents, Rev. Sun Myung Moon who worked so hard to find and reveal this new truth. Father, I know that this prayer is presumptuous and impolite, but unless I pray and repent in this way before You, I will not be able to endure. I want to offer this prayer to YOU, dear God.

Please accept it.

No comments: