Monday, January 20, 2014

How to Beat the Winter Blues

A couple of days ago I found myself in a really bad mood; the snow and the cold were getting to me.  I have lived here in Southern Ohio for the past 18 years and have never experienced a winter like this.  Snowfall after snowfall and the cold, how does -3 degrees Fahrenheit sound? 

As I took a review over my situation, I realized that there was nothing I could do about this status quo.  Couldn’t even blame it on Global Warming (or is it Global Cooling now?).

I understand that there is a medical condition for “Winter Blues” called Seasonal Affective Disorder.

So, what is one to do to overcome the Winter Blues?

I got my gratitude list out again and couldn’t help to feel better right away.

 
I have a warm house, good food and a wonderful family to share it with.  We are connected through TV, the internet and telephone and can talk to anyone, anywhere in the world and let our imagination run wild to be transferred to a lovely place with sunshine and warmth.

Now, if that doesn’t beat the Winter Blues?

No comments: