Monday, March 10, 2008

Focus with Gratitude

“Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life.
It turns what we have into enough, and more.
It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, and confusion into clarity....
It turns problems into gifts, failures into success, the unexpected into perfect timing, and mistakes into important events.
Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow.” Melody Beattie – Author and Journalist

Some people suggest having Thanksgiving everyday. I agree. By being grateful, we connect with the creative forces of the universe. Counting our blessings can be a daily practice. By appreciating little things like the smell of a beautiful flower, a cute little girl, a tasty sandwich, a soft pillow, the sound of the wind, etc. we can experience life more fully.
I found this meditation practice in Donna Eden’s book: ENERGY MEDICINE. It is called: Send Gratitude Through Your Body. Gratitude can be a powerful spiritual healing force. Let’s focus on something to be grateful for, like my health.
Thank you for my health, for my heart, lungs and all my organs; all my energy systems like the nervous system, lymphatic system; for my arms and legs, etc. Imagine each part, starting from head to toes and give thanks for their hard work each and every day. By sending feelings of gratitude to each part of my body, I have a better chance to stay healthy or in case of some imbalance to get well again.
By connecting with this feeling of gratitude I get directly in contact with my Heavenly Father who created me. He accepts me, He approves of me and He appreciates me. My feelings of gratitude are my way of giving back to Him.
These feelings of gratitude are good seeds planted in the subconscious mind. The subconscious mind controls all the vital processes and functions in the body and knows the answers to all problems.
Doesn’t it deserve some gratitude?

No comments: