Dr. Perricone explains: “The fatty acid content in açai resembles that of olive oil, and is rich in monounsaturated oleic acid. Oleic acid is important for a number of reasons. It helps omega-3 fish oils penetrate the cell membrane; membrane is kept supple, all hormone, neurotransmitter, and insulin receptors function more efficiently. This is particularly important because high insulin levels create an inflammatory state, and, as you know, inflammation causes aging.”
Oprah’s website hailed açai as “one of the nutritious and powerful foods in the world…”
Unlike other resources for nutritional supplements or food the açai berry is harvested from the palm tree like other fruits. Therefore, the rainforest of Brazil is preserved and even replenished for future harvests. Twice a year the fruits are ready to be gathered. Instead of cutting down the valuable tree, laborers climb high into the 9—foot palm to collect what is known as the Black Pearl of the Amazon, the açai berry.
Soon after harvesting, the fresh fruit is frozen into açai pulp to preserve the full complement of nutrients. If not properly cared for, the oxidation process begins and quickly spoils the delicate fruit. A portion of the frozen açai pulp is then freeze-dried, and both forms of açai are incorporated into the final blend of the MonaVie juice. This ensures that MonaVie’s consumers get all the health benefits this unique berry has to offer.
See another article I wrote about the benefits of the MonaVie juice:
Some benefits of this superfood are (note that these are not medical claims, just suggestions for your personal well-being):
- Boosts energy levels
- Improves digestive function
- Improves mental clarity/focus
- Promotes sound sleep
- Provides all vital vitamins
- Contains several important minerals
- Is an extremely powerful free radical fighter
- Açai has very high levels of fibers
- The protein profile of an egg
- low glycemic index. (Great for diabetics)
- A leading source of anthocyanins, often reported as 30 times that of the protective potential of red wine (Of the many attributes of anthocyanins is its anti-inflammatory qualities).
- Cleanses and Detoxifies the body of infectious toxins
- Strengthens your immune system
- Enhances sexual desire and performance
- Fights cancerous cells
- Slows down the aging process
- Promotes healthier and younger-looking skin
- Alleviates diabetes
- Normalizes and regulates cholesterol levels
- Helps maintain healthy heart function
- Minimizes inflammation
- Improves circulation
- Prevents artherosclerosis
- Enhances visual acuity
The greatest benefits of the açai berry comes from the high phytonutrients content which contribute to the flavor, color and disease-resistance of the plant. Another value comes from the powerful antioxidants which neutralize compounds known as free radicals, which can cause damage to your cells through the process of oxidation.
The Brazilian people knew açai promoted their health and well-being -- it had for generations. Word was spreading and people were hungry to learn more about the açai berry, but still very few people had ever heard of the health-promoting substance.
That's where Dallin Larsen of MonaVie and his partners started the research. One of the partners is Alexander G. Schauss, Ph.D, FACN. He has studied nutrition, nutraceutical and botanical medicine for over 30 years. He has taught at Oxford and lectured in more than 40 countries. Dr. Schauss has published over 125 papers and 12 books. Currently, he serves as the Director of Natural and Medicinal Products Research at the American Institute for Biosocial and Medical Research.
To learn about the MonaVie juice with 19 fruits, please visit:http://www.the-team.biz/mv991215/19Fruits/tabid/155/Default.aspx