It is mostly known for its outstanding content of vitamin C, containing double the amount of an orange. It is also rich in minerals and trace minerals, such as: Potassium (more than bananas), calcium, iron, magnesium, copper, manganese and chromium. It also supplies a rich amount of soluble and un-soluble amount of fiber as well as flavonoids.
The kiwifruit is a fruit of a perennial vine, it is brown, egg sized and covered with fuzz. When sliced, the fruit yields an attractive emerald green flesh with rows of small, dark, edible seeds, and a light cream colored center. Its flavor is similar to a blend between strawberry and pineapple.
The kiwifruit is native to the Yangtze River valley of northern China and Zhejiang Province on the coast of eastern China. Seeds were first brought from China, by missionaries to New Zealand at the turn of the century. Early nurserymen there favored the fruit and it became popular for a backyard vine. Plants were sent to the Chico Plant Introduction Station in California and still exist. Kiwifruit is also grown commercially in Italy, Chile, and South Africa.
HealthbenefitsEating kiwi fruit is clearly a healthy choice, and it is particularly useful in these cases:
· Prevents Asthma
· Prevents wheezing and coughing, especially in children
· Protects our DNA from mutations
· Provides a healthy amount of antioxidants and vitamins
· Helps prevent colon cancer thanks to a high fiber content
How to use?The simplest way to enjoy kiwifruit is to peel and slice it. Here are some ideas for adding extra sparkle to salads, beverages, entrees, desserts, and other recipes:
* add kiwifruit cartwheels to fresh fruit salads, coleslaw and chicken or turkey salads,
* top cereals with kiwifruit slices,
* give cheesecake a touch of elegance with a kiwifruit glaze,
* use as a garnish on pies and cakes,
* float kiwifruit slices in punch and cocktail recipes,
* blend kiwifruit into frothy fresh fruit blender drinks,
* scoop kiwifruit halves right from the skin with a spoon,
* garnish poultry and meat dishes with kiwifruit,
* fill avocado, melon or papaya halves with sliced kiwifruit,
* use as a meat tenderizer.
To learn more about the MonaVie fruit drinks and beverages, please visit my website: http://www.the-team.biz/mv991215