Monday, February 11, 2008

Oil-pulling

During the fall and winter I usually experience a lot of sinus drainage. I went looking for a natural solution to combat this problem. I came across “Oil Pulling” as an old healing therapy from India. Because it sounded so easy I bought some Sesame Oil and started doing it in the morning, before brushing my teeth or eating and drinking anything.
I put one tablespoon in my mouth and swish it around for 15-20 minutes. During that time a lot of mucous is coming from my throat and sinus’.
I have been doing it now for more than three months. I notice that my teeth feel cleaner and my gums don’t bleed as easily when I am flossing. I used to have a thick layer of plague during the day, but now my teeth feel fresh all day long (I brush right after the oil-pulling in the morning and at night before going to bed).
I haven’t had a cold this winter.
I must be definitely detoxifying as I am breaking out in my face especially around the nose. I pretty much established a routine in the morning. I am swishing the oil while I am taking a shower. This gives me a good excuse to shower longer. Ha, ha.


Here is how it works: The oil pulls all mucous, bacteria and toxins from your body through your saliva. According to Ayurvedic medicine, mucous is a poison that must be removed.
Note #1: Keeping the chin tilted up makes sure the oil gets to the back molars.
Note #2: The old school says that only sesame and sunflower oils produce favorable results. However, our readers report success using other oils too.
Note #3: If after meals, wait at least 4 hours before you Oil Pull. After drinking, wait 1 hour.

Note #4: A worsening of symptoms is an excellent indication that the disease/ailment is being cured.
Note #5: Do not stop Oil Pulling if you feel aggravated symptoms or heightened side effects after a day or two. Your body is healing.
Note #6: Will your dental fillings fall out? It's possible but highly unlikely unless there is pre-existing damage or loose fillings.



The oil will start to thin out after a few minutes because saliva is constantly being mixed in and swished about. Spit the liquid in the toilet. Do not swallow!!! All the toxins and bacteria can be seen under a microscope.
Excellent Oil-pulling links for more information:
http://www.oilpulling.com/opuniversalremedy.pdf
http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/oil_pulling.html
I hope it will work for you, too.

No comments: