With the beginning of October, we only have one month left until election. I am neither a Democrat nor a Republican. I am a concerned American who doesn’t want to be part of the silent majority any longer.
"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."
~ Edmund Burke (1729-1797), Irish Statesman and Author
Many of us by now are fed up with TV ads and other propaganda. None-the-less, it is our civic duty to be informed about the issues at hand regarding the future of our country. I personally had a wake-up call when my husband and I went to see the movie “2016 – Obama’s America.”
Being born in a socialistic country, East-Germany was called the "Deutsche Democratische Republik (DDR)" until 1990, the movie made my stomach turn up-side down. It all looked like déjà-view. How can Americans be so naïve I asked myself that they don’t see the writing on the wall? When Barack Obama was elected four years ago he promised change. Many people bought it because they thought that change is what we need. He brought us change and if he is elected again, he will take us down the road he has disguised under all kinds of promises until now.
Let me give you a few points regarding his “changes:”
* His campaign slogan “Forward” has long ties to Marxism, Socialism and was a favored tune for the Hitler Youth.
* He supports same sex marriage:
* He supports Planned Parenthood, life abortions: http://www.christianpost.com/news/obama-on-planned-parenthood-federal-funding-will-ensure-choice-for-his-daughters-78870/
* He gives free phones to Ohioans:
* Under his leadership the national debt increased by 5 Trillions to a total of 16 Trillions: http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/1601576978821580_651649.html
* He has either broken or never fulfilled many of his promises from four years ago:
* He apologizes for our freedom:
* Economy is in worse circumstances than 4 years ago http://finance.fortune.cnn.com/2012/09/07/worse-off-in-2011/
* He lied about Al-Quaeda when death toll of Americans reaches 2,000
* He braged about un-employment rate, pointing out that European countries have a higher rate of un-employment:
* He sends oil drilling to South America, rather than finding solutions here:
* He lied about happenings in Libya: Huckabee on Libya
* He wants to cut out defense and military: Romney: Cutting Our Military And Defense Will Be Devastating
* He lied about his personal life:
* Obamacare is a disaster:
* He issued 139 executive orders in 3 ½ years compared to 121 such orders given by all former presidents combined. http://1461days.blogspot.com/2009/01/current-list-of-president-obamas.html
* Big brother is increasing control on our human rights: If Obama Wins: Democrats Reveal Plans to Fundamentally Transform Americahttp://www.ijreview.com/2012/09/17671-america-under-a-second-obama-term/?utm_source=EmailElect&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=Subscriber#16131&utm_campaign=10-01-2012+IJ+Review
I realize that the above statements are very strongly influenced by my personal opinion. I have faith in my fellow men that they can free themselves from the “hypnotic rhythm” of the liberal media and exercise their God-given freedom in making good choices for the future of our country; that we can have a “Nation Under God” where we can pursue life, liberty,and happiness as it is promised in our Declaration of Independence.
I only mentioned some of the issues which came to my attention. Therefore, I like to encourage all of us to continue to educate ourselves about the campaign issues.
Here are some more links to inform yourselves regarding the election: